We’ve completed the judging for Round 93 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest . The prize winners are:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon . Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course  (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses , excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper . These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (a $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees  in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product  from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses .
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership , providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, that have a combined retail value of $589,
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Naturally Cozy is donating a “Prepper Pack” Menstrual Kit. This kit contains 18 pads and it comes vacuum-sealed for long term storage or slips easily into a bugout bag. The value of this kit is $220.
- An assortment of products along with a one-hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
Third prize is awarded to S.F. in Oregon for Constructing a DIY Composting Toilet . It was posted on March 10, 2021. He will receive:
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $150 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company , toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
We’ve also selected 17 Honorable Mention prize winners. They will each receive a transferable $100 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company , toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. The Honorable Mention prize-winning articles are:
- What To Do with Trash? by Mrs. Alaska  which was posted on March 28, 2021.
- Tool Maintenance, by Richard T. which was posted on March 26, 2021.
- Post-Collapse Barter: The Value of Silver – Part 1-2, by Dr. Derek King which was posted on March 24, 2021.
- AAR: Winter Storm Uri, by Rocket J. Squirrel which was posted on March 23, 2021.
- Lessons Learned from the Texas Deep Freeze, by B.B. which was posted on March 20, 2021.
- Basic Computer Privacy and Security, by Liber T. Y. which was posted on March 18, 2021.
- Re-Purposing Small Containers, by The Novice which was posted on March 12, 2021.
- To Freeze-Dry or Not Freeze-Dry, by J.A. which was posted on March 11, 2021.
- 2021 Winter Storm Lessons Learned , by Chill N. Texas which was posted on March 9, 2021.
- The K.I.S.S. Principle and Transceivers – Part 1-5, by Tunnel Rabbit which was posted on Feb. 24-28, 2021.
- Experience with Tesla Solar and Powerwall 2, by Davey which was posted on Feb. 19, 2021.
- Making Ham and Bacon at Home, by Michele C. which was posted on Feb. 16, 2021.
- Small Batch Meat Canning Tips, by Tractorguy which was posted on Feb. 16, 2021.
- TEOTWAWKI Clothes-Washing System, by St. Funogas  which was posted on Feb. 3, 2021.
- Starting Seeds Indoors: Tips and Trials, by CAL which was posted on Feb. 7, 2021.
- The Fleecing of History – Part 1-4, by Lazer which was posted on Feb. 11-14, 2021.
- Garden Bed Weed Management, by Southern Trapper  which was posted on Feb. 10, 2021.
Round 94 begins today and ends on May 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail  us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.