The following recipe for Eggs A La Caracas is from The New Butterick Cook Book, by Flora Rose, co-head of the School of Home Economics at Cornell University. It was published in 1924. A professional scan of that 724-page out-of-copyright book will be one of the bonus items in the next edition of the waterproof SurvivalBlog Archive USB stick. This 15th Anniversary Edition USB stick should be available for sale in the third week of January, 2021.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon grated cheese
- Salt and Peppe, to taste
- 1/4 pound dried beef
- 4 eggs
- Melt the butter or butter substitute in a frying pan.
- When hot, add the dried beef and cheese.
- Toss lightly until the beet is slightly frizzled.
- Add the tomatoes, the seasonings, and the eggs beaten until light.
- Stir and cook gently until of a creamy consistency.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail . Thanks!