- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (1-lb 11oz) can of sauerkraut
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbs butter or margarine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- In a small skillet, cook the bacon and save the drippings.
- In a pot, combine sauerkraut, cabbage, onion, butter, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the cooked bacon and drippings over the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 5 hours.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail . Thanks!