We have reflected upon the situation of the leftist influence and pressures in our culture. It goes beyond pressures to now forcible ideology in some instances. It is, as Jacques Mallet du Pan (1749—10 May 1800), wrote about the first leftist reign of terror, in his 1793 essay that “…the Revolution always eats its own children.” In Part 1, I wrote of many examples in history of socialists doing just that as communist and socialist leaders collided. I also wrote about the cultural marginalization and the game the leftists are playing. But the optimistic twist about leftists or fascists is that they believe there is no god, and so, therefore, power holds the greatest value.
And herein lies the hope: Simply, that the left will, as it always has, destroy itself. The only question is, of course, how many must suffer or die before that implosion? Will it be the 100 million that the Black Book of Communism  (Oxford Univ. Press) says were murdered last century by the left? Or will people rise before that to derail the train to darkness?
The ray of hope may be exemplified in the recent Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken follies. Are we to believe the radical feminists, that women’s accusations are always right? Where does that leave uber leftists Wienstein and Franken? And what happens when Black women wish to co-opt the white women, when push comes to shove? Or to the native black women when immigrant women of color play the victim card against them? There are wheels within wheels of infinite regressions here. This returns me to the ouroborotic (the legend of a snake eating itself starting with its own tail) nature of the left.
Soviet Beast Died of Internal Contradictions
It has often been observed that the Soviet leftist beast died of its own internal contradictions and misapprehension of human nature. (That is the reason why Ludwig von Mises’ best known book was called “Human Action”—downloadable here.) The point is, the leftist gyroscope is, by definition, not “in spec,” and thus can never lead anywhere that is recognizably human. And of course a million human decisions made locally every second will always and everywhere trump the decisions by some self-appointed “best and brightest” (the same “best and brightest” that gave us, e.g., Vietnam) constructing today’s version of a Soviet five-year plan while isolated in Moscow or Washington DC.
Utterly Intellectually Dishonest
There is hope in that the left is utterly intellectually dishonest. Think the global warming scam. Is science decided by “consensus” rather than experimentation and hypothesis testing? Notwithstanding the fact that there has been zero global warming since 1998, has anyone told Galileo and Copernicus about this? Has anyone told Ignaz Semmelweis—who insisted his doctors wash their hands between operation and was drummed out of the medical business in the mid-1800s because germs were not in the consensus—about this? Perhaps Mr. Gore could ask Albert Einstein – about whom Hitler had published a book entitled “100 Scientists Against Einstein” (to which Einstein replied “Why one hundred? If their facts are right, only one would be needed)—about that “consensus” scam.
Flawed Premises About Human Nature
The left thinks it can create a new man, a new reality, based on their utterly flawed premises about human nature. But they are wrong—and permanently and forever wrong. No matter how much propaganda the left musters, it is as Horace (65—8 BC) said, “You can drive nature out with a pitchfork, but she will nevertheless come back.” Similarly, Solzhenitsyn predicted the downfall of the Soviet Union many decades ago, by noting simply that Communism could not, by their central presuppositions, see man as he was, and was thus inexorably doomed to fail.
Where Find More Foot Soldiers To Do Their Bidding?
There is more. Once the inevitable economic and ethical implosions occur, exactly how long will they be able to find the foot soldiers required to do leftist bidding? Not only will there be little money with which to hire mercenaries, the intellectual bankruptcy of the matter will be visible to all. In short, the Wicked Witch of the North will have no more flying monkeys at her command. People will not sacrifice their lives for something they know is bankrupt. And once this state is arrived at, the end is only a matter of time.
Experience of Living in Socialist Canada
How do I know? I have lived in the capital of socialist Canada for many, many years, and I have worked with thousands of government employees. Exactly how many do you think really gave a flying rat’s derriere about anything other than their pensions and getting out the door precisely at 4 PM? Need I go through the litany of stories on the U.S. side of the border (my favorite being that distasteful issue where the EPA was having problems with employees defecating in the hallways). Let me ask you this: this article is being written on my own time, with my ultimate reward being the triumph of truth and justice.
How many on the Big Government side would take even five minutes of their time to do the same? The truth is, that as the leftist Orwellian dystopia continues its descent, more and more will see the intellectual bankruptcy of the naked emperor, or—more narrowly—at least become disenchanted as they see a chronically unemployed brother, an elderly parent living in poverty, or their children with no future. Slowly but surely, with no bell rung at the bottom, people will one by one check out of Hotel Kalifornia.
Change Comes Through Small Committed Groups
It is true that there will always be the committed Bolsheviks; and it is true, as Margaret Mead said, that change generally comes through small committed groups (think the vile Saul Alinsky here). But recall, too, that there is no honor among thieves—let alone ethics—and the world of the left will– long or short– devolve into a Lord of the Flies  scenario. Worse, as the left knows it is creating an ever shrinking pie, there will be mad scrambles for the diminishing number of crumbs. There can only so many Michelle Obama-style vacations available, and that number will become smaller each year. In fact, the old apocryphal story of Leonid Brezhnev is a perfect example.
The Leonid Brezhnev Example
In the 1970s, Leonid Brezhnev’s elderly grandmother, who had lived in pre-communist Russia, came to visit him at his communist headquarters. Leonid is beaming with pride as he introduces her to all his aides and servants, shows her his gold plated desk, his 15 Zil limousines waiting, all with engines running, pictures of all his well-appointed dachas in exclusive, VIP areas across the USSR, et cetera. Finally, at the end of the day, all the assistants, aides, and servants leave. The old granny very nervously and very carefully looks around to make sure absolutely no one is anywhere near, and then leans over and very, VERY quietly whispers in Leonid’s ear: “This is all very well, Leonid… but what if the communists come!?!?”
The Truth– Left Running Out of Intellectual Sustainability
The truth is, formerly an army traveled on its stomach. However, today, with MREs, McDonalds, and GMOs, food is not as great of an issue. There will be food (as non-nutritious as it may be!). Rather, today’s army travels on its worldview. But just like every other socialist experiment, ranging from Zimbabwe to the USSR, this worldview is neither intellectually tenable, economically sustainable, nor morally bearable. That is, just as Napoleon’s army ran out of food, so today’s leftist army is running out of intellectual sustainability. Therein lies our hope.
Imperfect Human Nature Will Be Downfall
For the left, their very fallen, imperfect human nature—which is addressed through the division of powers in traditional America, but dominated by czars, elites, and autocrats in the totalitarian leftist world (remember: power is the only “god” they worship, and people become increasingly like that which they worship)—will be the final cause of their downfall.
In sum, there is hope. It is, as Dale Dauten wrote in his Greatest Quotations of All-Time “Willpower subverts passion. Bureaucracy subverts willpower. Idiocy subverts bureaucracy.” And if you look at the non-Einsteins leading the anti-freedom party, such as Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, or Hilary Clintons (not to forget RINOs, such as a Lisa Murkowski), there is hope.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
This has been part two of a two part entry for Round 74 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest . The nearly $11,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A $3000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator  from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses , excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper . These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees  in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product  from Sunflower Ammo,
- Two cases of Meals, Ready to Eat (MREs), courtesy of CampingSurvival.com (a $180 value), and
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses .
- A Model 175 Series Solar Generator provided by Quantum Harvest LLC (a $439 value),
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A gift certificate for any two or three-day class from Max Velocity Tactical (a $600 value),
- A transferable certificate for a two-day Ultimate Bug Out Course from Florida Firearms Training (a $400 value),
- A Trekker IV™ Four-Person Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $250 value),
- A $200 gift certificate good towards any books published by PrepperPress.com,
- A pre-selected assortment of military surplus gear from CJL Enterprize (a $300 value), and
- RepackBox is providing a $300 gift certificate to their site.
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances, and
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
Round 74 ends on January 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail  us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.