- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 3/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup raw wheat germ
- 3/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped, dried fruit or fruit/small nut combination (cherries, blueberries, cranberries, apricots)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, and wheat germ on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Place honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and kosher salt in a medium sauce pan and put over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until boiling and all sugar has been dissolved.
- Add fruit mixture.
- Stir toasted oat mixture into honey/fruit mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Oil a 9×9 pan.
- Mash mixture into oiled pan until pressed firmly.
- Let cool completely and then cut into 16 bars and wrap individually in plastic wrap to store at room temperature for up to three weeks.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail . Thanks!