- SurvivalBlog.com - https://survivalblog.com -

Letter Re: How to Title Retreat Property


The article [1] on the importance of maintaining privacy with regard to ownership of property, and particularly retreat property, was very good. One other option, which was not addressed, is to use a trust under state law. Trusts are not generally registered with the state, but they will require use of an attorney in order to be sure it is properly formed, can receive and hold title, is enduring, and can eventually sell property if that becomes appropriate. A trustee may need to be named for the trust, as may beneficiaries, but again none of that is registered with any state anywhere. – Kass Andrada