How would you like a quick homemade dip for those dinner guests that arrive suddenly or a quick, healthy dip for your family that is nutritious, easy, and healthy to boot? This will take just 15 minutes of your time and make 1kilo/2.2 pounds of delicious dip ready to eat with carrot or celery sticks.
Note : If you are cutting the unhealthy carbs from junk, such as deep fried takeout, this is an ideal alternative.
- 2 cups canned chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained until all the “froth” from the water is gone
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (bottled lemon juice is fine )
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic
- 3 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground rock salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix in the olive oil.
- Do short bursts of your blender till the chick peas are no longer whole and the whole mix is firm but not runny.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts over the dip and serve!
Once blended, you can taste test your dip and add more lemon juice or salt according to taste; some olive oil rises to the surface after a day and the garlic brings out the texture and taste of all this spicy Mediterranean dip. You can even use this for meats as a garnish as well. To add more variety, I add some chili and other herbs to give a variation, so enjoy.
It will last in the fridge for up to 7 days (though it never lasts long in our fridge)!
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail . Thanks!